Take a look at these delicious Vegan Blackcurrant Bars, which are filled with amazing flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare the bottom layer - in a blender or food processor, blitz the beetroot and bananas to a purée then add the oats, syrup and nuts and pulse a few times until finely chopped (but not a completely smooth paste).
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin (or approximately similar size) with greaseproof paper or baking parchment, and spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the top layer, then spread them evenly over the bottom layer.
- Return them to the oven for a further 12-15 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool. Then slice into individual bites or bars and enjoy.